Monday, November 23, 2009

Some Battles are Worth Fighting

From http://lifeafterdx.blogspot.com/2009/11/victory-at-sea.html

Wil, who is a health care professional, writes the LifeAfterDx blog.  He is also a diabetic, and was one of the first to have a continuous glucose monitoring system.

It seems one of the major health care insurers in New Mexico decided they weren't going to cover pens anymore, so Wil wrote a letter about it.  We will have to see what happens, but I wish him the best, and I encourage you to encourage him as well.

Pens are the modern standard of insulin therapy, and they greatly simplified my own adjustment to the diabetic discipline.  They are easy to carry, easy to use, and surprisingly comfortable as well.  (Speaking as someone who has to put a needle into my body at least 10 times a day, that matters to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment