Friday, November 6, 2009

Normalcy? What's that again?

So today was running great.  My 7-day and 14-day averages were creeping below 140 (and man, am I glad about that).  I was hovering in the 85-100 range all morning.

Had lunch with some friends at a local Asian restaurant - things still feeling good, I guessed 95 but clocked in at 109.  Dosed for 64g carbs (I like my rice, what can I say?), which has been successful with that place and approximate dish in the past.

Got involved in a conversation with a vendor, and didn't check my post-prandial on time.  Had grabbed some cocoa-roasted almonds, about two handfuls - should be like 6g.  Finally got to checking my glucose 3 hours after eating abd I was 254.

Yeah, 254.

Sigh.

It was a stressful conversation, a bit.  Not horribly.  I shrug, take some extra insulin, and go on from there.
Ick.

I checked again at hour intervals and last time was still over 200.  Well, I'll get back to where I need to be soon enough.  It's about supper time; I've delayed a bit so I can be a little more aggressive with my insulin.  I always feel more comfortable taking more insulin with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment