Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Saying Hi to a Friend

One of my best earlier memories of diabetes (pre-diagnosis) came about four years ago when I was working on a project with an occasional collaborator from another team.

During this time, we all wore pagers.  I saw an odd-looking device on his belt that looked like a purple one.  I asked what sort of pager it was since I'd never seen one before.

Turned out it was an insulin pump, as he patiently and nicely explained.

Wow, did I feel like a jerk.

Today I sought him out and talked to him about my diagnosis.  It was a good conversation, and an interesting way to close a loop in a way.  I'd felt a desire to stop by and talk to him ever since I was diagnosed.

Odd how things like that work out.

4400+ steps on the pedometer today, and I have been very pleased with my glucose today.

No comments:

Post a Comment