Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Ah, The Miracle of Retail Pharmacy...

I had to deal with some extra frustration today when it came time to refill my prescription for test strips.

The first time I filled it, they gave me 100.  OK, I didn't know any better.   (I actually felt pretty good that I was walking around and talking...this was the morning of Oct. 5, immediately after learning "the rules", the date my diagnosis felt real to me.)

The first time I refilled it, they adjusted it so I'd get 200 strips for my copay instead of 100.  Seemed like a good deal to me...

So I called in a refill on Monday, using the Rx number I had.  Unbeknownst to me, it's the wrong number - a new one was generated when they clarified the directions.

Thankfully, they were very good about fixing it, and I'll be good on test strips for another month.

Amazing, the things you get to learn when you're diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment