Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Better Numbers

Well, as we head into Thanksgiving, I am grateful for modern technology.  I am thankful to Banting and Best for their work in isolating insulin, without which my life would certainly be quite a bit more miserable than it is right now.

I am also grateful for modern glucometer technology.  I remember seeing one of the 80's vintage glucometers - my mother had it for some reason that escapes me now.  What we have today is certainly tons better than those used to be.

My numbers have been stellar these last few days.  I don't want to brag about it, and I certainly won't presume to judge anyone else.  I'm just trying to do what my CDE and GP are telling me to do, and it's working very well.

My machine average is now 122 over 7 days.  I'm learning to snack to prevent crazy liver dumping in the early afternoons.  (I seem to do that mid-morning and mid-afternoon.)  I hope things continue this way.  I am fortunate enough to lead a relatively predictable life, and I have a lot of freedom in terms of when and what I eat.  I am certainly thankful for that, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment