Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to Sonic

I went back to Sonic today, and it was all I hoped it would be.  I got the Cheddar Peppers because they were lower carb...than the fries.

I can't remember ever actually ordering a drink from Sonic...I've always gotten the Strawberry Fresh Fruit slush.  That's not really an option for me now.  (By the book, the Route 44 strawberry slush is 188g carbs - that would be about 24 units of Novolog at my current dosage, without counting anything else.)  It's always taken me about 90 minutes to finish a Route 44, too, which would be very tricky to dose for.  Not impossible, but more of a challenge than I really want to undertake.  Well, I had a Blizzard very early in my journey, but I only took 8 units for it...should have taken at least twice that much.  I had a record high of 328 after that, which is the highest I've tested since I started insulin.  One of the key indicators my ratio was way off.

So because I'd never ordered one, and because Sonic recently changed their menu structure, I couldn't find the drink list...I asked if they had Diet Dr. Pepper, and they did.  Score!  (I can drink Diet Coke too, but prefer Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew, because I'm a technology professional and we have to support the smaller colas, especially Dr. Pepper.)

The Cheddar Peppers were by far the tastiest I've ever had...maybe it's just me, but the food tastes better when you have to count carbs and stick yourself three times to eat it.  (Testing before and after, plus the insulin dose.)  I certainly appreciate such things more than I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment