Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ramping up...

I'm getting ready to run another food gauntlet for Christmas.

I've been doing pretty well overall - my week of training being a minor exception.  My machine averages are running 130, which is bit higher than I want, but not dreadful.

Lately I've been undershooting a bit.    Today in particular I've had a couple of higher-than-I-like highs.
Even when I think I'm overestimating, I have gone high.  So my average for today is high.

Lunch for today was all-you-can eat Chinese buffet.  I bolused in a way I've never tried before - rather than try to guess the whole thing and shoot in one, I did a shot per plate.  I still got it wrong, but I like it as a strategy.

I was on the low side going to bed last night - and I'm pretty sure I went hypo overnight.  Woke up 175, which sure hurts the averages.  Waking up twice drenched in sweat should have been my first clue.  I had a fierce headache going to sleep so that may have masked some symptoms.  Next time I wake up at 03:00 I will have to test myself.

Oh, and before I forget...

Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment