Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pizza Two Days in a row...

...and I'm still here! :)

Pizza is notoriously hard to bolus for, and I'm kind of old-school in that I'm using pens and a regular glucometer. (No pump, no CGMS.)

For me, it seems to be true that I can't overbolus for pizza.  I wound up taking 16 units for lunch (three pieces) and it worked out perfectly.

Still, my numbers have been consistently very good, and I've been very happy with what I've been doing and how it's been working for me.

Lots of people in the DOC seem to have been posting about their CGMS experiences.  The DexCom 7 seems to be a favorite.  I'll ask around locally about them; not sure what my insurance plan will and will not cover.  The opportunity to get readings every 5 minutes, and trending info, seems very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment